Allendale, MI 49401
email@example.com cell: (616) 706-5615
Over 20 years’ experience as an Accountant
Accounting experience in fields of Tool & Die, Commercial Construction, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Property Management, Government and Research & Development
Specialize in development of Accounting policies, procedures and systems with Job Costing (WIP) expertise.
Strong Research & Analytical Skills, Self-Starter, Quick Study, able to work independently and collaboratively.
SYNERGY FINANCIAL SERVICES , Allendale, MI January 2004 - Present
Provide Accounting & Bookkeeping Services to small firms
Provide Payroll Services to small firms
Provide Lease Administration to small firms
Provide Job Costing Services to small firms
JACK DYKSTRA EXCAVATING, Walker, MI Jan 2013 -Present
Title: Controller / Office Manager
Perform all Accounting duties including but not limited to; human resources, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job cost analysis, WIP, AIA Billings, Sworn Statements, Lien Waivers, Certified Payroll, DOL audits, payroll processing, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports, sales / use tax reporting, MDOT certification, Year End Audited Financials.
Duties also include all aspects of office management including; the contractors bid processing work flow, bid bonds, payment & performance bonds, vendor insurance and vendor W-9’s
DIE-VERSE SOLUTIONS, LLC, Coopersville, MI Aug 2014 – Aug 2016
· Developed All Accounting procedures, policies and systems for this start up Die Shop.
· Provided Financial Recommendations by Compiling, Analyzing & Preparing Financial information
· Worked closely with JCI/Adient compliance, Vontik financials and billing requirements.
· Duties also included A/P, A/R, insurance compliance, Payroll, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tax reports
ROCKFORD CONSTRUCTION / ROCKFORD DEVELOPMENT GROUP, Grand Rapids, MI Oct 2010 – Oct 2012
Title: Accounting Manager
· Hired to initiate development of all Accounting Policies, Processes & Procedures and Integrate Accounting software data and systems for newly formed property management department.
· Position included comprehensive accounting responsibilities in the operation of real estate property management, property management department profitability, and overseeing the property management accounting department.
· Duties included; reporting & analyzing financial information to upper management, monthly reporting of property management financials to owners of properties, cash flow analysis, common area maintenance reconciliation, lease administration, rent rolls, budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, depreciation / amortization, all general ledger journal entries and year-end tax preparations.
COLLIERS INTERNATIONAL, Grand Rapids, MI April 2004– Oct 2010
Title: Controller & Accounting Manager
· Developed Accounting Policies, Processes & Procedures. Integrated Accounting software data and systems.
· Position included comprehensive accounting responsibilities in the operation of Commercial Real Estate Brokerage & Commercial Property Management, Profitability of both Brokerage & Property Management departments, and overseeing the accounting department.
· Duties included; reporting & analyzing financial information to upper management, monthly reporting of property management financials to owners of properties, cash flow analysis, common area maintenance reconciliation, lease administration, rent rolls, budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, depreciation / amortization, all general ledger journal entries, payroll processing, human resource duties, and year-end tax preparations.
THE TRANE COMPANY, Grand Rapids, MI Sept 1994– Sept 2003
Title: Staff Accountant
· Position involved extensive accounting functions, focusing primarily on construction project accounting of HVAC projects.
· Procure and interpret job documentation for proper set up parameters and credit related documentation for project liens, waivers, and sworn statements.
· Control billing process; accurate invoicing, maximize cash flow, minimize retainages.
· Other tasks include; AIA billings, interim project reporting, collections, customer assistance, vendor Invoice processing, lien waiver processing, insurance certificate processing, vendor 1099/W-9 reporting, general journal entries, customer sales tax documentation, month end responsibilities, fixed asset tracking
WEDEVEN ASSOCIATES INC.. Philadelphia, PA Jul 1990– Aug 1994
· Responsible for all accounting duties; payroll processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, taxes, human resources, and cost accounting for government contracts.
· Coordinated and handled all Government Audits
Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
Bachelors of Business Administration majoring in Accounting; GPA 3.603
Delaware County Community College, Media, PA
Associates of Business Administration majoring in Accounting; GPA 3.5, Dean/President’s List, PHI THETA KAPPA member
Delaware County Christian School, Media, PA
College Prep High School, emphasis in mathematics, GPA 3.5, National Honor Society Junior & Senior years.
Activities: Basketball, Field Hockey, Cross Country, Softball, Art
*MS Excel (20+ yrs) *MS Word (20+ yrs) *MS Outlook (20+ yrs) * MS PowerPoint *MS Access *Peachtree *QuickBooks (20+ yrs) *Quicken * Versyss (9 yrs)
*Yardi Genesis (9 yrs) *Yardi Voyager (9 yrs) *Yardi Enterprise (2 yrs)
*IDEA *ACL * SAP